Automatic Transmission Controller
US Shift- Quick 4
We recommend and provide support for the US Shift Quick 4. It is extremely user friendly, has an excellent data logging system, native USB, and broad functional options.
- Advanced algorithms provide the highest level of shift control and synchronization, allowing you to maximize the performance of your combination.
- The most advanced torque converter clutch control available, with several actions available during shifts.
- Accushift ™ learning capability for the most accurate WOT shift points possible.
- Full line pressure control for each individual shift, providing superior shift quality.
- Adjustable throttle lift delay, overdrive shift delay, and ballistic throttle effect.
- Burnout mode prevents upshifts while "pedaling" the throttle.
- Up to 4 pre-loaded shift calibrations able to be selected on the fly.
- FLEX-SHIFT ™ Shifter re-mapping capability.
- Metric Support.
- Transmission slip detection.
- 100hz high-resolution data logging.
- Dedicated 4wd options and features.
- Compact size gives you the freedom to install in tight areas (4.165 x 2.8 x 1.1 inches)
A throttle position sensor (TPS) is required for any transmission controller to work properly (see more information below). There are several options available. If your Cummins has a sensor on it already this works the best. All 98.5 and newer engines will have one. Earlier engines may have one if the engine was in a Dodge pickup with an automatic transmission originally. Instructions will be included with your controller that will direct you on how to do the wiring.
If your truck is equipped with a 5R110 automatic transmission please see below for more information and other options.
E4OD, 4R100, 4L60E, & 4L80E
DCS does not included a tuning package with a Quick 4 module. A laptop computer is NOT necessary but it does streamline the tuning process. You can download the software at US Shift's website. The download contains numerous "pre-set" tunes. The Shiftware software is easy to use so we recommend you take a look at tuning the transmission yourself. If you don't want to do the tuning or don't feel comfortable please let us know. We charge a very reasonable fee for tuning assistance.
Currently there are no aftermarket transmission control modules available (09/01/2016). This may change in the future but these are not "user friendly" as a transmission swap at any rate. We currently offer transmission tuning for the 6.0L & 6.4L diesel trucks for what we call Stock Tuning. Click HERE for more information.