Engine: 1989-2002 Cummins
Transmission: 1989-2003 Ford 7.3 Diesel E4OD or 4R100 Automatic
The kit includes instructions for the adapter kit only, the engine to transmission adapter, the required torque converter adapter set, and bolts.
Supporting parts you need- or may already have- that are not included in this kit are:
- 1994-2006 Dodge Cummins flex plate
- 2003-2007 Ford 6.0L diesel starter
- See the Overview for your truck for other important parts that may apply!
Installation and use information:
- No custom built torque converter is required!
- This adapter plate tilts the transmission 2 1/2 degrees for improved starter to bell housing clearance.
- Requires about a 1/4" square of a rib to be ground for starter clearance in the starter hole pocket of the transmission bell housing. Does not require any grinding to your starter!
- This adapter plate works on 6.9 Diesel C-6 transmissions as well, but may require more than a 1/4 square inch of grinding in the starter pocket of the bell housing. - Minimal and insignificant grinding of the Cummins oil pan rail is required, but this does not ruin the Cummins engine block core value.
- Grinding of the torque converter studs is usually required after the torque converter adapter is installed. The converter adapter may not work with custom built torque converters. If you have a custom built torque converter, check with the converter manufacturer to see if the converter is a stock dimensioned part- if it is not built to stock dimensions it will not work.
|Make of Truck||Chevy/GMC, Dodge, Ford, Ford F-150|
|Year of Truck||1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007|
|Adaptable Transmission||Ford 6.9/7.3 C-6 AT, Ford 7.3 E4OD AT, Ford 7.3 4R100 AT|
|Adaptable Engine||12V 1st Gen- 1989-1993, 12V 2nd Gen- 1994-1998, 24 Valve- 1999-2002, 4BT|