Engine: 2003-2009 Cummins
Transmission: 1989-2003 Ford 7.3 Diesel E4OD or 4R100 Automatic
The kit includes instructions for the adapter kit only, the engine to transmission adapter, the required torque converter adapter set, and bolts.
Supporting parts you need- or may already have- that are not included in this kit are:
- 2003-2010 Ford 6.0L or 6.4L diesel starter
- See the Overview for your truck for other important parts that may apply!
Installation and use information:
- A custom built torque converter is NOT required!
- Requires about a 1/4" square of a rib to be ground for starter clearance in the starter hole pocket of the transmission bell housing. Does not require any grinding to your starter!
- This adapter plate works on 6.9 Diesel C-6 transmissions as well, but may require more than a 1/4 square inch of grinding in the starter pocket of the bell housing. - Minimal grinding of the Cummins oil pan rail is required, but this does not ruin the Cummins engine block core value.
If you have a custom built torque converter, check with the converter manufacturer to see if the converter is a stock dimensioned part- if it is not built to stock dimensions it will not work.
|Make of Truck||Ford|
|Year of Truck||1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003|
|Adaptable Transmission||Ford 7.3 4R100 AT|
|Adaptable Engine||Common Rail 5.9- 2003-2007|