Adapter Plate - 2003-2009 Cummins to 1999-2003 7.3L ZF-6
Engine: 2003-2009 Cummins
Transmission: 1999-2003 Ford 7.3L Diesel 6-speed Manual
The kit includes installation instructions for engine to transmission adapter.
Supporting parts you need- or may already have- that are not included in this kit are:
- 1994-2002 Dodge Cummins starter
- Dodge Cummins flywheel with custom pilot bearing (if you do not already have a flywheel & clutch kit, we offer the South Bend Clutch Kit with custom ball bearing pilot)
Installation and Use Information:
- See the 1999-2003 7.3L Diesel Overview for your truck for other important parts that may apply!
- Significant grinding is necessary on the transmission bell housing for starter clearance, enough to make a small hole through the side of the transmission bell housing. This does not adversely effect the structural strength of the transmission.
- Minimal and insignificant grinding of the Cummins engine block is required, but this does not ruin the Cummins engine block core value.
- Using the 2003-2012 Dodge Cummins starter may be possible, but the solenoid wire connector usually hits the oil pan rail- so be prepared to purchase a 1994-2002 Dodge Cummins starter.
|Adaptable Transmission||Ford 1999 - 2003 7.3ZF-6 MT|
|Adaptable Engine||Common Rail 5.9- 2003-2007, Common Rail 6.7- 2007-2009|